No matter who you are . . .
or where you are on life’s journey,
you are welcome here.
Sundays 9–10 a.m.
Read the new Spring Kalos newsletter. See the Sunday Worship Bulletin
The Rev. Dr. Ann Michele
Rogers Brigham, Pastor
Learn more about her work with Global Ministries in Thailand.
I am delighted to be the minister to the people of the Congregational Church of Almaden Valley, United Church of Christ (CCAVUCC). I began my service on December 1, 2012.
Click to learn more about Pastor Michele.
You are invited to gather with Pastor Michele for about an hour of study/discussion. We are discussing a "collection of inspiring credos by William Sloane Coffin [that] melds Christian spirit with social justice." Please join us to discuss Credo .
"Coffin offers this record of his inspiring public words on issues ranging from charity and justice, politics, economic issues, the environment, nuclear disarmament, and mortality to the meaning of faith, the church, and a pastor’s responsibility. These brief quotations and excerpts demonstrate the wit, fire, and passion he brought to the task of preaching and the moral commitment he has made to change the world."
Our church now has an “official” missionary relationship with Adam Royston, a Global Ministries Intern, serving with the Church of Christ in Thailand.
Meet Adam through the newsletter he sent us in October.
Adam’s call? Adam cares deeply for Southeast Asian concerns and is focused on justice and peace for those who are the marginalized and victims of trafficking.
Learn more about Adam and his missionary work.
Russian-born harpsichordist Maria Brodsky holds an MA in Music Theory from Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory.
In 1998 she relocated to the US . . . more
We respect and honor all who seek to be part of their journey with us. Learn more about Open and Affirming.
- Provided for children birth to 4 years during worship services
- Staff and babysitters screened and educated in Safe Church procedures
- Clean, safe and welcoming environment
- Sunday School program
- Offered every Sunday, September through the first of June
- The Sunday School program begins at 10:30 AM and runs for 45 minutes.
- “Grow, Proclaim, Serve” a Bible-based curriculum, teaches basic Bible stories and how to relate them to our daily lives.
- Vacation Bible School is offered one week in June, five mornings with an extended care option available in the afternoons.
- Groups meet on a regular basis, every other Sunday (Schedule)
- A balance of meetings with discussions, service in the community, and fun.
- These groups have activities year round.
- Dedicated youth center at the church
By the way, children are welcome in church services, too — including crying babies, wiggly toddlers, impetuous elementary kids and sleepy teenagers!
Faith is a journey and the road can be rocky with many twists and turns.
You are welcome here with all your questions and doubts.
Find out about God is still speaking. What do our members say about our church?
Click the image below to see "All the People"